Project

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Project

Guild site for Project on the realm saurfang

5 posters

Language in the Guild

Resist
    Resist
    Admin

Language in the Guild Empty Language in the Guild

Post  Resist Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:54 pm

Members and New Members,

<Project> Do not encourage the use of fowl/offensive language in the guild chat. It has become a recent factor as memebers have sadly left the guild due to this behaviour/issue with memebers.

We will NOT tolorate any of this in future, 1 member of the guild has already be kicked, Sadly if people are going to talk offensively and abusive about anything then either go somewhere else or we WILL kick you.

I'm sorry for having to post this but i feel it is my duty as an Officer.

Kind Regards,

Resist.

p.s and sticky would not go amiss to this as i feel it is an important matter/factor of any guild.
    Morky
    Morky
    Admin

Language in the Guild Empty Re: Language in the Guild

Post  Morky Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:48 pm

I do agrea some things just cant be sad we have different country's and cultures so any subject from rasicm to politics can be by any meen offensive because we are with such a large group of people Cool
    Clarima
    Clarima

Post  Clarima Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:48 am

hi,
    I know i am not an officer, and i probably won't play as much as some of you. But i hope we can keep politic, bad language, offensive stuff out of Guild Chat. I work a hard Job during the day, and Play WoW to relax, if i wanted to talk Politics or Religion, there are plenty of places i can go. Also if i want bad language etc, i can find that elsewhere. I play WoW to relax as i said, and i hope i can find a home here. TBH i nearly left the first night due to some politcal aguement in guild but this was dealt with swiftly by one of the officers, and the player left guild. So i am still here, lets make this guild fun, and somewhere people feel happy and want to stay and play.

Just my comments, thank you for your time

Clarima
    Resist
    Resist
    Admin

Post  Resist Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:01 am

Clarima wrote:hi,
    I know i am not an officer, and i probably won't play as much as some of you. But i hope we can keep politic, bad language, offensive stuff out of Guild Chat. I work a hard Job during the day, and Play WoW to relax, if i wanted to talk Politics or Religion, there are plenty of places i can go. Also if i want bad language etc, i can find that elsewhere. I play WoW to relax as i said, and i hope i can find a home here. TBH i nearly left the first night due to some politcal aguement in guild but this was dealt with swiftly by one of the officers, and the player left guild. So i am still here, lets make this guild fun, and somewhere people feel happy and want to stay and play.

Just my comments, thank you for your time

Clarima

Clarima,

I'm sorry to hear that your nearly left! Glad you didn't though! cheers
    Hopefully stronger action will be taken against offenders from all Officers, we do not mind a general laugh and banter ofcourse, but as we have shown before once it gets too far, enough is enough. Hope you all agree?

As for me as an Officer, a Warning will be given first, if they break the rule whilst on a Warning then it is a straight and permanment kick as far as i am concerned!

Regards,

Resist.
    Blindingsun
    Blindingsun

Post  Blindingsun Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:19 pm

I'm sorry

but i'd LIKE to see some consistancy about this

someone said the word "CUNT" in guild chat yesterday

then when i made a point about it... i get Argued with..and told not to "over police guild chat"

now either we 1.

enforce the rules = no swearing

or 2. get rid of the rules.. but there should be NO middle ground ..

that's where chaos lives.

i'd like something sorted on this please.. specially when it's another officer disagreeing with me

on a seperate note.. i always take the "no religeon or politics in guild" route..when anyone brings it up... that gnomes left because he didn't like it... everyone else was quite happy to change the subject
    Blindingsun
    Blindingsun

Post  Blindingsun Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:22 pm

Clarima wrote:hi,
    TBH i nearly left the first night due to some politcal aguement in guild but this was dealt with swiftly by one of the officers,

Clarima

yeah I dealt with that..

better to lose 1 idiot than lose a few cool players if you ask me
    Morky
    Morky
    Admin

Post  Morky Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:09 pm

Good we wont do not agrea with those arguements if it happends in future tell a officer instead of contiuing the arguement

will take care of it Dont worry Cool
    Blindingsun
    Blindingsun

Post  Blindingsun Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:15 pm

Can we have some clarification over Swearing in guild please...

because personally i won't tollerate it....

would be nice to know the rules......
    Cyanios

Post  Cyanios Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:39 am

On the matter of swearing in the guild. I'm on the boat with blinding on that matter. a lil' slip now and then is ok, but if they go past the warning and keeps at it. /Gkick.
    Resist
    Resist
    Admin

Post  Resist Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:28 am

Agreed,

Rules shall be made, and Warning shall be given, if problem still persist then a /gkick will be issued.

Regards,

Resist.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:08 pm